Tuesday, April 17, 2012

New Foster Cats!

Hi Readers!
        Sorry it's been a while, but change is a brewin around here.  Last Wednesday, I brought Persia to her first adoption event, and funny enough, it happened to be her last adoption event.  No, she didn't misbehave.  In fact, she was absolutely lovely, and a nice gentleman adopted her.  She's now living out in Queens and from what I've heard, she's adjusting very nicely to life there.  Of course, she was still quite shy at first, but eats out of her new dad's hand and accepts touching.  Yay Persia!

Persia, adopted 4/11/2012
        I've got two new cats now, one is a Maine Coon named Sherri.  She's an absolute sweetheart.  Most Maine Coons I've met before have tended to be quite energetic and a tad crazy, but Sherri pretty much lies in one spot all day and stares at me.  It's quite endearing.  She does shed all over the place though, so I had to give her a bath and daily brushing.  She still provokes my allergies though, so I've had to kick her out of my bed a few times.  Sorry Sherri!

Sherri
        And this is the other cat, the newest addition to the foster family.  Look familiar?

Alaska
        If she does, that's because she and Persia are related.  In fact, she's Persia's mom!  They look pretty much identical, except that Alaska (the mother) is quite a bit rounder.  She's also a LOT nicer than Persia was at first, though Persia is definitely getting there with her new family.
         I'll be bringing Sherri and Alaska to an adoption event tomorrow at the Petco on 86th St and Lexington Ave.  Hopefully we can find them their forever homes, these two girls are too sweet!


P.S. - Cats aren't typically known for guarding homes, but my Sasha is an exception.  She's constantly on the lookout for flies, or annoying little flying things.  Today she caught her first one!  And then she ate it... =x
And this is her eating some catnip.

Sasha getting high

No comments:

Post a Comment